We will be requiring the full adoption donation to secure the trial of the pup you are interested in. This fee will need to be made in order to hold the pup. If you decide not to adopt, the fee will be refunded to you after the seven day trial.
Our trial program (Foster to Adopt) is a paw-fect start to introducing a new dog into your life. There are no strings attached and it is a great way to find the right fit! We offer a 7 day trial where you can take one of our adoptable dogs home, essentially fostering them until it either becomes a foster failure or you just know they aren’t “the one”! We know that it may take longer than 7 days to learn everything about your new pupper but we suggest taking full advantage of the five days as it isn’t nearly enough time for the dog to fully acclimate. The seven day trial is to see little things like if they are good in the car, good with your other pets, your children, or potty trained. We do not extend trials.
1. WNFP is entering into this Trial Agreement as a courtesy to me to allow me to have custody of this animal for 7 days when a final decision will be made and I may or may not finalize the adoption process. We do not do extensions and only allow for a 7 day trial.
2. I must comply with WNFP policies concerning this animal while he/she is still in temporary foster care.
3. I understand that the custody of this animal will be temporary until the adoption process is complete. As a Temporary Foster Home for WNFP, with the intention of adopting the fostered animal.
4. Should I decide to adopt this dog, I agree to pay an adoption donation of $600 (or to be determined by WNFP)- at the time of signing the final adoption contract. The final adoption agreement will be sent via text message once I have committed to giving the pup a forever home.
5. The animal is and shall remain the sole property of the WNFP for this trial period. If for any reason the adoption is not finalized, I understand that the animal(s) shall be returned to WNFP. This includes keeping the FI tracking collar charged and/or the Apple airtag on the animal at all times when out of the house. If a dog is lost without a collar present you will be charged the adoption fee and this fee will be applied to hiring a dog tracker.
6. I will provide the animal with good care, including but not limited to, proper food, fresh water, shelter, exercise, grooming, training and medication when required. WNFP can provide food but you must arrange a time with your coordinator to pick it up.
7. I will comply with all instructions received from WNFP and will not deviate from any instructions as to the care and maintenance of the dog/cat without consulting with a representative of WNFP
8. I agree to maintain the animal(s) as my own household pet(s) and companion(s).
9. I agree to comply with all Washington State laws and local ordinances applicable to the animal(s).
10. I agree to keep the animal(s) under my control and not let dogs roam freely outside of the home or fenced yard. Keeping a dog on a chain, rope, dog-run or similar device is not permitted. I will allow WNFP 24 hrs to find other arrangements if it is not working out.
11. I will provide a safe and loving home environment and will socialize the animal to humans and other animals. Dogs are not to be excessively in a crate (not more than a total of 4 hours in a 24 hour period).
12. I will provide basic training or reinforcement of proper house manners and obedience skills. This training will be done only by positive reinforcement. At no time will the foster to adopt (trial) home use punishment as a training tool. 13. I agree to properly supervise said dog at all times. I will be physically present when a dog is allowed outside during which time the dog will either be in a fenced area and/or leashed.
14. I agree to the following in regard to veterinary care: a. I will be provided with veterinary records that show that the animal has received appropriate veterinary care to date and is in good health or if there are any exceptions that I should be made aware of. b. If the dog/cat needs medical attention, a member of WNFP must be contacted immediately and must approve all vet visits. If you choose to take the dog to a vet without our approval we will not reimburse. For emergencies the only clinic we approve is Uptown Vet in Gig Harbor and still must have approval from a WNFP personnel.
15. Household pets: in the event the meet and greets do not go well and another animal or WNFP foster dog is injured it is your responsibility to cover these costs. WNFP will help under circumstances run through the board.
16. This agreement is not transferable and non-refundable. If I am unable to care for the animal I will return it to WNFP
17. I understand that other animals in my household could be exposed to medical or behavioral conditions that have not been recognized in the foster animal placed with me by WNFP, and WNFP is not liable for any disease or injury of my own companion animals or other exposed animals.
18. I agree not to attempt to hold WNFP responsible for any damages which the animal may do to any person or property. I specifically release WNFP of any responsibility pertaining to any damage to property or personal injury or any occurrence relating to the dog and shall hold WNFP harmless regarding any damage or injury(ies) of any nature whatsoever, and agree to notify WNFP immediately of any damages and/or injury(ies).
19. I understand that WNFP does not always have the chance to do our own assessment and we heavily rely on the bios from their previous rescue. What we post is usually secondhand information, although we do try to set them up for success.
20. During travel dogs may pick up a cold from the weather changes as well as the stress of being in the belly of the plane. Please start supplementing with coconut oil daily for the first few days of arrival. We do have medication available if they do develop a cough that lasts longer than 7 days.
21. Upon adoption, or if requested earlier, we will send over vaccination records. They should be up to date on DHLPP, Bordetella, and Rabies. Sometimes they come microchipped and their medical paperwork will reflect this. We do not have them health screened in the states as they have already been screened 10 days prior to departure.
22. Full payment must be made within 3 days of the adoption decision or the dog will remain adoptable to prospective families. We may also ask for the pup back.
23.Fi Collar: I agree to have the tracking collar on the dog at all times (other than charging at night). The dog is to never be outside without the tracking collar on the dog.
The purpose of foster care is to allow a dog to live in a home environment while awaiting permanent placement, permitting the Foster Family to evaluate the pet and to work with the pet to reincorporate him or her back into a home environment. A home environment is less stressful on the pet than a boarding facility or shelter. The exposure the pet gets from being treated as "one of the family" (walks, outings, etc...) often speeds up the adoption process. WNFP considers our Foster Families to be essential to the welfare and proper placement of our pets, and wishes the experience to be enjoyable and free from misunderstandings. Please note that we have the following guidelines:
● Our #1 goal is for our foster dog to be placed into a home for a minimum two week commitment. We find that it is hard for a dog to bounce from place to place and we must have a 2 week commitment. Please consider the following before committing to adopt: this may be their first time in a home, they may not be potty trained, they may not like cats or kids (we have no way to test this), they may chew on inappropriate things, they may display separation anxiety, they may have stranger danger, if any of those things will be deal breakers then fostering one of our street dogs is not for you.
● The Foster Family will follow all relevant procedures and guidelines of WNFP regarding the pet placed in the foster home and will not make decisions or take actions regarding the pet's veterinary care or placement without prior approval from WNFP.
● The veterinarians working with WNFP bill WNFP directly for approved medical services provided to our pets. In the event the Foster Family expends funds for pre-approved veterinary care, WNFP will reimburse the Foster Family.
● The Foster Family will provide the pet with humane care and maintain the pet in accordance with all current state, county and municipal laws and ordinances while the pet resides with the Foster Family.
● The Foster Family will provide the pet with necessary exercise and will not keep the pet chained or restrained. WNFP pets should not be kept as "outside only" pets unless prior approval has been received from WNFP.
● The Foster Family agrees to provide the pet with adequate food, water, shelter, affection, socialization, exercise, medical assistance, and to strive to increase the adoptability of the pet. If assistance with food is needed, WNFP will provide food upon request.
● If the pet cannot be kept by the Foster Family, the Foster Family shall notify WNFP immediately and agrees to give us up to 2 weeks to find a replacement Foster Family. The pet SHALL NOT BE SOLD, ABANDONED, RELINQUISHED TO A SHELTER OR POUND OR ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF CARE.
● THE FOSTER FAMILY UNDERSTANDS THAT CARE AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE LIMITED INFORMATION REGARDING THE TEMPERAMENT OF THE PET OR ITS HABITS. THE FOSTER FAMILY WILL TAKE ALL REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS(THROUGH THE USE OF CRATES, LEASHES, SUPERVISION AND COMMON SENSE) TO ENSURE THE PET DOES NOT RUN LOOSE, BECOME A NUISANCE, DESTROY PROPERTY, INJURE OR BE INJURED BY ANOTHER ANIMAL OR INJURE OR BE INJURED BY ANY PERSON.
● The pet is and shall remain the property of WNFP and may be removed by WNFP from the Foster Family at any time and without prior notice.
● The Foster Family agrees to be courteous, helpful and honest to potential adopters and to fully cooperate in accommodating those who wish to see the pet
. ● In the event the Foster Family wishes to permanently adopt the pet, a WNFP Adoption Contract must be submitted to WNFP along with the requested adoption fee.
● The Foster Family should ensure that all of its own pets are up to date on their vaccinations (including, without limitation, bordatella, parvo, corona, rabies, distemper) prior to bringing the pet into the foster home.
● The Foster Family will agree to visitations from potential adopters within 3 days of the request. WNFP will notify you of any potential adopters and it is up to you to arrange a time and meeting place.
● **Cancelled until further notice until Covid rules are different.**All Foster Dogs are required to be at Yappy Hour (with the exception of the first 2 weeks of arrival). Foster Family agrees to take the foster dog to WNDP every Sat & Sun from 12 to 4. Foster Family will also agree to pick up the foster dog after Yappy Hour at 4 pm on Sat & Sun.
● Upon arrival, every Foster Dog is to be “quarantined” at the Foster Family’s home to watch for any signs of illness. Foster Dogs will not be able to use any of the Wet Noses facilities for the first 2 weeks after intake. Once the 2 weeks have passed the foster dogs will be able to come for Daycare services from 6 am to 7 pm during the weekdays and 9 am to 6 pm on the weekends. This quarantine period also includes Yappy Hour. It does not include scheduled adoptions visitation appointments.
● In the event that WNFP puts a tracking collar on the foster dog in your care, you must keep the tracking collar on that dog at all times. Please charge the collar at night when the pup is safety in the home.. This should be done in the evening when the dog is secured inside the home and immediately be placed back on the dog once charging is complete.
● THE FOSTER FAMILY DOES HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS WET NOSES FOSTER PAWS AND ANY PERSON, FIRM OR CORPORATION CHARGED OR CHARGEABLE WITH LIABILITY TOGETHER WITH THEIR HEIRS, ADMINISTRATORS, EXECUTORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES, LOSS OF SERVICES, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, BELONGING TO THE FOSTER FAMILY DUE TO ANY ACTION OR OCCURRENCE ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOSTERING OF A PET FOR CARE.